Hi,

On 27-Aug-08, at 3:33 PM, Walrick Bosch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get the new css based indentation to work in Typo3 4.2.1
> I tried both:
> .indent{padding-left:10em;}
> and
> .indent{margin-left:10em;}
>
> But neither does work. I think the problem is that somehow the <div
> class="indent"> gets replaced by <p class="indent"> the actual output.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this?

If your CSS class selector does not specify an element (i.e. is of the
form .indent { … } as you show above), then the styles it contains
will apply to *any* element to which that class is applied. In other
words, nothing that you've shown above can be the source of the problem.

Check to see that:

* the CSS file containing styles for .indent is loaded on the relevant
pages,
* the class *is* in fact present in some paragraph or div on the same
pages
* your browser's cache is cleared
* the .indent class is not redefined somewhere later in the CSS cascade
* that the element to which the class is applied has not had its
display property set to 'inline'

Incidentally, for block-level elements (such as p or div) padding
should always work for indentation, but margin will not work in every
case (collapsing margins etc).

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/