Hey folks,
I'm currently working on an extension which should display a category
tree like tt_news in the backend for selecting themselves.
Until now my steps have been the following:
  - trying to call he function from tt_news
  which did not work, because table is hardcoded in the file
  - copied file from tt_news trying to change it
    I gave up since I did not know where errors could come from
  - used ch_treeview
   this worked fine in displaying but: seems not supporting MM-Relations

Now my last step should trying Graytree of which I read (another
newsgroup) it would support MM Relations.

But I did not found any function in the sources corresponding in some
kind to the one of ch_treeview and might be called from TCA as Userfunc.

Probably somone could tell if this is possible with graytree.

kind regards

Steffen