Redirect to: latest-news

at least this works for me.

Best wishes,
Donatas Elvikis

Mark Kuiphuis schrieb:
Steffen Ritter wrote:
Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
Hi list,

is there a convenient way (an extension) to create 301 redirects from the TYPO3 backend?

We relaunched a website which had another cms before and the website has some incoming deep-lins which do not work anymore.

I'd like to define 301 redirects for each of these URLs. I could do it via .htaccess but i'm just curious if there is an extension to manage those redirects.

Regards,
Sebastian
RealURL has an built in BE-redirect Manager to do so...
Go Web->Info->RealUrl->Redirects

regards

Steffen

Hmmm...I just had the same issue and it looks OK in the Redirects table, but for some reason I get a 404 instead of the permanent redirect.

The old URL is something like:

http://www.domainname.com/public/?act=latestnews

It should be redirected to

http://www.domainname.com/latest-news/

The following fields have been set:

Redirect to: http://www.domainname.com/latest-news/
301: YES
Last referer: (empty)
Error: (empty)
Last time: 24-03-09 20:25 (1 min) (yes, I am in Australia and it's already past 20.00 pm :)

I also tried the following value in the "Redirect To:" field

Redirect to: /latest-news/

However, both values give me a 404 Not found.

[pageNotFound_handling] in the Install Tool have been set to /404/ and to (empty). The only change is that in the latter case Typo3 returns a 200 header instead of a 404 Not Found header

Tested with: curl -I http://www.domainname.com/public/?act=latestnews

I'm almost 100% sure I made a mistake. If I only knew where I made it :)

Kind regards,

Mark Kuiphuis