I am new to Typo3 and am very impressed with its capabilities.  I am
experiencing a problem on a site we installed recently (Typo3 version 4.2.6.
The site install came with a sample site "out of the box" which worked fine as
installed.  Although I am new to Typo3, I am very experienced in server-based
databases and the fundamentals of dynamic websites.

I recently have been reading about workspaces and workflow, and with the help
of Marlie's tutorial
(http://www.mcuniverse.com/Usergroups-Custom-WS.1820.0.html) I created several
new usergroups, several new users and set permissions at the top level element
of the site.  At some point, however, the live site disappeared and now
displays the error "No pages are found on the rootlevel!"  I can, however,
successfully generate a review website link that does work.

As the admin user, I can see three workspaces, LIVE, Draft, and 1:Editor
Workspace.  I see the full tree of pages no matter which workspace is active.
However, when looking at the configuration on each page in the tree (Extended
tab), there is a "Workflow state" section that has a dropdown list showing
[INVALID VALUE ("1")] as its only entry.  This looks suspicious ... 8^)) ...
But I haven't a clue how to fix.  There are no pages listed to publish from
either draft workspace.

I suspect where I strayed from the happy path is trying to configure workspaces
on an existing site rather than starting from scratch.  Is there a way to fix
this for the existing page tree?

     Thanks,

     --Mark