Hi Gary,

Gary Greer schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> running direct mail on a php5 / apache 2 host - it's brand new and
> ALMOST everything is going well.
>
> My problem is that when I set up a direct mail, it comes back with a
> server error. It's the same 403 error that tells me that I need to turn
> off the security for a directory using .htaccess.
>
> The steps are 1. select internal page for direct mail - able to be
> viewed fine
> 2. retrieve page - comes back with an error.
>
> My question is - what script is retrieving the page, and what
> directories is it using to write temporary files to? I think this is the
> problem, as I only get the error when the script retrieves the page.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Gary

direct_mail gets the page through a t3lib_div::getURL. this function use
a fopen to get the page. Try to set curl in the install tool.

is your server behind a load balancer? can you call a page with wget
from console?

regards,

--
Ivan Kartolo
Certified TYPO3 Integrator

Want to support the development of Direct Mail?
- Report some bugs (http://bugs.typo3.org)
- Send me patch
- Send me some donation per PayPal to ivan.kartolo(at)gmail(dot)com