On Jun 13, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Hauke Hain wrote:

Hi there,

I want to create an extension that adds dynamically new database tables and new columns to existing tables. First I thought of overwriting ext_tables.sql / ext_tables.php but that is no good idea because of extension updates...

Do you have any hint where I should look? Is there a cool TYPO3 function for doingt this?
How would you solve this issue?

Of couse I want TYPO3 to know the new datatables and columns and not deleted by the database analyser of the install tool.

I am curiously looking forward to your answers.

Hauke

Bernhard Kraft created something like that, it was called kb_shop,
however that is now obsolete and he advices to Use "kb_kickstarter" in conjunction with "kb_display" instead!

Ries