Thank you for your reply, however I tried another way to solve the issue: I disabled frontend indexing and created a "crawler" group: for this group I disabled PHP_SCRIPT_INTs and the caching went ok.

Hope it will help someone. As usual, with Typo3 there are many ways to do the same thing.

Bye,
Mitch.