On 30-9-2010 15:23, Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
I`m not sure how can I achive with this category tree like in tt_news :)

2010/9/29 Philipp Gampe<typo3.l...@philippgampe.info>

Hello,

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:33:34 +0200, Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:

  how can I create a category tree in my onw extension ?

For example I want to make an extension that allow users to add "thing"
and "category". Category can be added to "thing" (more than one
category).

How can I achive that ?

Did you try the extension tagpack? I think you can use it with your own
extension too.

Best regards
Phil

Hi Phil,

If you want a category tree like in tt_news its easy to achive that.
You just have to take a look at how the tree is built in tt_news and apply that same principle in your own extension.

I've done the same for a custom extension. It took me a few hours but once you know how to do it, it won't take that long.

Take a look at the class class.tx_ttnews_treeview.php in the tt_news extension. Also take a look at the ext_tables.php file (search for 'treeParentField').

HTH