used that happily for some time, but it is labelled obsolete. So I
thought there must be something else instead.
I think Andreas marked all his extensions obsolete, before quitting his TYPO3 activities. I think it still should work.

So I thought there might be a switch somewhere in the Backend or the
Install.
No, there's no built-in option to support unzipping in the file list. There's an option unzip_path in the Install Tool, but that's only used for internal things ((un)compressing T3X/T3D files etc IIRC).

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert