Hi Jigal.

Thank you for replying.

The problem is solved - turns out it wasn't a TYPO3 problem at all, the fonts selected didn't have the trademark characters in its character set. As usual I thought to check this about 1 minute after posting.

For reference, the code we're using is below:

lib.stdheader.10.5 >
lib.stdheader.10.5 = IMAGE
lib.stdheader.10.5.file = GIFBUILDER
lib.stdheader.10.5.file {
  XY = 200,[10.h]+[20.h] +[30.h] + 35
  10 = TEXT
  10.text.current = 1
  10.text.listNum.splitChar=|
  10.text.listNum=0
  10.offset = 0,21
  10.fontSize= 18
  10.fontColor = #232323
 # 10.fontFile = fileadmin/templates/fonts/WMR____.PFB
10.fontFile = fileadmin/templates/fonts/arial.ttf
  10.transparentBackground = 0
  10.niceText = 0
  20 < .10
  20.text.listNum=1