Hi Russ,

Russ Profant wrote:
1) I have an installation in the web root '/var/www'. Upon installation
I am redirected to 'localhost/get-started' and get the 404 error. I
enabled mod_rewrite, I put AlloOverride into httpd.conf file for the web
root directory. I put 'LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so'
into httpd.conf too, still not working.

2) Second issue is the login to the back end. When I login as admin I
get an error:

#1270853930: TYPO3 Fatal Error: Error: This host address ("localhost")
and the referer host ("") mismatches!<br /> It's possible that the
environment variable HTTP_REFERER is not passed to the script because of
a proxy.<br /> The site administrator can disable this check in the "All
Configuration" section of the Install Tool (flag:
TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][doNotCheckReferer])

When I set the variable 'TYPO3_CONF_VARS[SYS][doNotCheckReferer]' to 1
as suggested in the error I cannot login at all, it always says that my
login is invalid.

I don't use the introduction package. Is this a self managed host?

To point 1 we had some discussion in the mailing list (typo3.install.general) about rewrite problems.

Henrik solved it this way:

"I have now a working introduction package, but some of the
installation instructions did not work in my case.
I will try to summarize what I did to make the introduction package work for me.

In /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_intro/typo3conf/settings/introduction.ts:
domain = localhost
absRefPrefix = /typo3_intro

In /var/www/localhost/htdocs/typo3_intro/.htaccess
Comment out line with RewriteBase completely."

Hopefully...

Erdal