Go to the extension manager and select 'HTMLarea RTE'. In the configuration there is an option 'Enable images in the RTE'. That should do it.

Loek

On 29-09-12 13:41, Rein van 't Veer wrote:
Hi,

I've been running typo3 since ages, and it always has given me a
perfect flexibility in modifying etc etc ;).
But one of my backend users (running a news site) has recently informed me
that he no longer had the option to upload files from the tt_news plugin...
He can however upload an Media file trough the tab Media, but when he
clicks in the RCE form to upload an image the option to upload an image
seems to be gone.

I've been updating the backend thoroughly and am at version 4.7.4 atm, with
tt_news at version 3.2.1.
i've been completely redesigning the access permissions on the backend, so
that they only had the permissions they need, so I figured, aargh, there is
something I overlooked somewhere...

But after days of digging out the permissions I still can't find why this
upload box has gone missing...
So, I checked if someone with full admin rights could do some uploading,
and only to find out that als full admin backend users cannot upload files
through the tt_news plugin

image to clarify what button i mean:
http://www.breeze.be/fileadmin/media/artikels/Screen_Shot_2012-09-29_at_13.34.50.png

so: anyone who has a clue how I can debug this issue, or where the cause
might be?

Thx in advance,

Rein