Hi there,
I'm currently setting up a new Typo3 Website (Typo3 7.6.6 using Apache 2.4 on Debian 8.4) and I'd like to make my URLs case insensitive. I have activated the "speling" module for the Apache (yep, it's really spelled "speling" - don't ask me why ^^) and enabled case insensitivity for all directories.
While the module works as expected in virtual host directories without a Typo3
installation, it doesn't seem to like the .htaccess file that comes with the
standard Typo3 installation. As far as I could find out it might be a an
interference due to the mod_rewrite rules. If possible I don't want to mess
around with the original Typo3-.htaccess file too much.

To make this short: Is there a recommended way to make the URLs inside a Typo3
environment case insensitive? Besides the regular Typo3-pages I'd like to be
able to access regular file system folders (e.g. a downloads folder for
customers with no connection to Typo3).

All comments and ideas would be very much appreciated!

Best Regards,
Onur