Hi,

On 03/08/2016 11:26, Sara wrote:
I've created a new xliff file for our alternative language but this
doesn't seem to be working for the standard form extension on Typo3
v6.2.26.

The only English file for the frontend text is locallang_controller.xlf

Tried all of the combinations below:

/var/www/typo3_src-6.2.26/typo3/sysext/form/Resources/Private/Language/cy.locallang.xlf

Don't change what's in the core or what's in extensions (unless they are your own extensions). Really, don't do that! With any update of the core or an extension you need to apply all your modifications again.

Language labels are pretty easy. Everything is explained in:

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/managing-localization-files.html#c962

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor