Hi,

you don't need TYPO3 to download a database. You can use e.g. Adminer, which is much more lightweight to phpMyAdmin.

Jan

Dne 20.02.2017 v 15:34 George Brooks napsal(a):
A remote host has a site using version 4.4.15. As a consultant I want to
create a sandbox away from the remote host.  Downloads of phpmyadmin
dumps of the database have been unsuccessful (character set conflicts,
unescaped text halting import). Shell cannot access the database.

The localization manager I10nmgr suggests using version 3.4.50 for
version 4.  Searching for that manager finds 3.3.9, a beta version.
Because this is not my site I am not comfortable installing an
extension, especially a beta version.

What other alternatives are available for obtaining a usable copy of the
data?