On 7/20/26 16:20, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
Paul Eggert via tz wrote in
       ...
  |tzcode provides a way: if tzalloc("ABC") returns a null pointer and
  |errno has a value other than ENOMEM, then "ABC" is invalid. So if you're
  |on platforms like NetBSD that have tzalloc, you have a way. Or you can
  |copy tzcode and use its tzalloc.
This appears to be a thread-safe replacement
for localtime().  I need to RTFM more.

o localtime() should have a time_t argument.  I see
  no such for tzalloc(). o strftime() needs a struct tm argument. Does 
tzalloc() generate one?
P.S.: funny as it is (scripting magic likely), now that i looked
at her site again, i saw [3] ("Scientist Has Definitive Solution
to the Daylight Saving Time Conundrum").

   [3] https://dianne.skoll.ca/writings/totally-true-news/2026-07-20-time.php
Returning to a pre-technological time when people arose at  daybreak
and retired when they got tired.  I admire Dr. Morpheus's wisdom.

I believe that in the long term permanent daylight time will have no
effect from permanent standard time.  Overtime people and organizations
will adjust their according to hours of daylight, not numbers on a dial.

There's a precedent.  Since 1611 the time scale was advanced six hours
(There's Biblical evidence for this.)  People continued to operate according
to celestial time, not the new clock time.

--
gil

Reply via email to