Thank you all for the quick and thorough follow-up.

Roozbeh, the railway notice in the 26 May edition is a much better
piece of evidence than the calendar panel, since it records the
administrative decision rather than an astronomer's computation. And
Tim, thank you for locating the 23 and 24 May editions on Commons; I
had only checked the Mashruteh archive and wrongly concluded they were
missing. Together these narrow the window to Friday 25 May, when no
paper was published.

One small thing: the subject line of the patch and the NEWS entry both
read "1989-05-26" where I believe "1979-05-26" is meant. The rule
change itself is correct.

Best regards,
N. F. Hase

2026年7月28日(火) 5:10 Tim Parenti <[email protected]>:
>
>
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2026 at 16:06, Tim Parenti <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> The only other reference I found is in the May 26 newspaper about train 
>> schedules.
>
>
> That article is at the top of the last (leftmost) column on Page 2:
> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/Ettelaat13580305.pdf#page=2
>
> --
> Tim Parenti

Reply via email to