On Wed, 16 Sept 2026 at 13:34, Ivan Petrov Ivanov via tz <[email protected]>
wrote:

> *The documents for Romania and Moldova, and a patch.* It applies to
> tzdata2026c and compiles
>

Thanks, Ivan, for all of your research effort, both on these and on
Bulgaria in your other thread.

Just a note for you and others reading that, since these proposed changes
are fairly extensive and there is some interplay, I will plan to work on
understanding and validating them more fully over the coming weeks.  My
initial look through your proposed changes for Romania, in particular,
shows that, while they are broadly in line with what I had independently
found for 1979–1997 before hitting the dead-ends I'd mentioned in an
earlier thread, there are some slight differences, so I'll want to check
through everything you've sent carefully before applying any changes to the
development repository for these regions.

Of course current and future timekeeping, being a foremost priority, has
been keeping us fairly busy lately, so I can't commit to an exact timeline
or release here.  While far-historical data like this comes second, the
thorough documentation is once again much appreciated and should
significantly aid in chasing down any discrepancies that might remain.

I'll send updates on all of this as able.

--
Tim Parenti

Reply via email to