On 9/17/2026 2:06 PM, Tim Parenti via tz wrote:
While other options may have required legislative action, it appears the /Official Time Amendment Act/, assented to 30 May 2023, allows for this, but I am still seeking confirmation on whether that is indeed the mechanism that will be used.

I agree with that position. They left the legislation at the "Royal Assent" stage similar to British Columbia and Northwest Territories. The more recent legislative efforts were to change the law to take effect on a specific date instead of waiting for proclamation. All Manitoba needs to proceed is a proclamation.

I have not researched the effects on western Ontario. I was hoping Manitoba would proclaim it affective in March 2027.

Manitoba legislature sits Sept 29th-Nov 5th if they don't simply proclaim.

Nunavut legislature sits Oct 22nd if Cambridge Bay (or now Rankin Inlet/Resolute) want to join the party.

Reply via email to