On Mon, 21 Sept 2026 at 14:16, arjunvedbrat--- via tz <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm new here, so entirely possible I'm misunderstanding how this works
> (please correct me if I'm wrong!), but either moving America/Vancouver to
> UTC-7 year-round per that change or creating something new (e.g.,
> America/BC) for it seems necessary for folks needing a time zone for BC?


Welcome aboard!  A good place to check whether a change has already been
added to the development repository or released is by checking the NEWS
file:
https://github.com/eggert/tz/blob/main/NEWS
There, you'll see an entry about British Columbia's change, which was
released in tz version 2026b on 22 April 2026.

Keep in mind that there are often significant lags in getting these updates
to end-user devices as vendors validate and test them.  For instance, Apple
deployed 2026b to iOS and macOS devices beginning in late May:
https://lists.iana.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/message/4GU3PYB6RMBKQMW2ZA7XC5AIOEGY67JN/

--
Tim Parenti

Reply via email to