Hi,

On 18/09/2024 11:03, Michal Simek wrote:
Hi Neil,

On 9/18/24 10:06, Neil Armstrong wrote:
Hi Marek, Manorit, Tom, Michal,

On 10/09/2024 11:20, Neil Armstrong wrote:
This serie regroups all the fixes and base enhancements required to
support the Qualcomm UFS controllers in U-Boot.

This syncs headers & defines from Linux, and includes 2 set of
fixes that were sent separately:
- ufs: core: remove link_startup_again logic
- ufs: properly fix cache operations

Without those 2 sets, UFS cannot initialize on Qualcomm controlers
since v5, and a numerous of Cache issues makes any UFS controller
fail to initialize.

Since UFS core hasn't changed for a while, and since UFS is core
technology for the Qualcomm SoCs, I volunteer maintaininig the
UFS subsystem if Bhupesh & Neha Malcom Francis are ok with that.

Could you run this serie on the r8a779f0_spider, j721s2_evm_a72, j721e_evm_a72,
j7200_evm_a72, amd_versal2_virt and qemu-riscv and check for possible
regressions ?

It seems the only user of UFS_PCI is qemu-riscv, is there other users ?

Good timing. We are close to send some updates to UFS which we require to get
DWC version to work inside U-Boot.

How far are that core changes from Linux? I see 9/13 is sync with Linux but
when this is done you should also say which Linux version was used for sync.

I think we are still quite far from Linux, we just took the basic required bits
and pieces
to at least make the Qcom UFS controller driver build work, but Linux driver is
overly complicated
with power management code we do not really need in U-Boot, so it's quite hard
to sync honestly.

But the plan is to align as much as possible once we get the basic Qcom UFS
mainline.

I see that there are definitely some kernel-doc issues

Also s/U-boot/U-Boot/g

Ack, will check

Venkatesh: Can you please look at this patch series and validate it on our
platform? Also make sense to send our changes to make sure that they won't
break others.

Thanks,
Michal

Thanks,