On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 08:10:49AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote:

> WARNING: This email originated from outside of GE HealthCare. Please validate
> the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they
> may not be safe.
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Mon, 30 Sept 2024 at 07:01, Brian Ruley <brian.ru...@gehealthcare.com>
> wrote:

> > > Someone, once how to write and run the tests is documented. That's a
> > > big hurdle this private thread has shown, to me at least.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Tom
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I fixed a minor issue in the patch, and sent a revised version.
> >
> > Seems that you don't have the testing quite defined yet, so I don't know
> > what I can contribute there. Maybe something can be done with the CSF
> > parser to check that the signing works correctly?
>
> Just to be clear, the testing is fully defined...this is actually the
> only entry type which doesn't have a proper test. Every other user was
> able to add a test. The goal here isn't really to check that external
> tools are working (they should have their own tests), more to check
> that Binman is doing the right thing.
>
> I will get some sort of patch out by tomorrow morning to help this process.
>

> > However, I think this feature is quite benign, and it would be great to
> > get some functional testing in for this feature, as Tom said. For us,
> > this is an important feature, so we have done extensive testing
> > internally to verify that it works.
>
> I fully understand that...but of course without an automated test in
> Binman it may break at any moment, as Binman continues to be expanded.
>
> BTW, minor code-style things: U-Boot's Python code uses single quotes
> and the line limit is 80cols.
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Hi Simon,

> Just to be clear, the testing is fully defined...this is actually the
> only entry type which doesn't have a proper test. Every other user was
> able to add a test. The goal here isn't really to check that external
> tools are working (they should have their own tests), more to check
> that Binman is doing the right thing.
>
> I will get some sort of patch out by tomorrow morning to help this process.

Alrighty. I'll include a test once we get this sorted out.

> BTW, minor code-style things: U-Boot's Python code uses single quotes
> and the line limit is 80cols.

I don't understand what you mean because I did use single quotes :)
Perhaps you were looking at the CSF template, which is not Python code?

As for the column width, sorry, I was only trying to follow the pattern
in the file. I thought it was 120 cols. I will include a predecessor
patch to fix the column width to 80.

Best,
Brian