From: Gururaja Hebbar K R
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 6:37 PM
To: 'u-boot-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: how to enable if, then command support in uboot

Hi all,

I am trying to execute some commands stored in environment as below

#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \
        "boot_mmc="
\
                "if      mmcinit && "                           \
                        "fatload mmc 0 ${ramfs_addr} ${ramfs_file} && "
\
                        "fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} ${bootfile}; "
\
                "then "                                         \
                        "run ramargs fixedip addtty set_ramfs;"
\
                        "setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ${othbootargs};"
\
                        "bootm ${loadaddr}"     \
                "fi\0"  \

My board config is as below

<snip>
<snip>

/*
 * Command line configuration. *
*/
#include <config_cmd_default.h>

#if defined(CONFIG_MMC)

/* User serviceable stuff */
#define CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION            1

#define CONFIG_CMD_MMC
//#define CONFIG_CMD_EXT2
#define CONFIG_CMD_FAT
#endif

#undef CONFIG_CMD_AUTOSCRIPT
#undef CONFIG_CMD_CONSOLE
#undef CONFIG_CMD_ECHO
#undef CONFIG_CMD_FPGA
#undef CONFIG_CMD_IMLS
#undef CONFIG_CMD_ITEST
#undef CONFIG_CMD_LOADS
#undef CONFIG_CMD_MISC
#undef CONFIG_CMD_SETGETDCR
#undef CONFIG_CMD_XIMG

#define CONFIG_BOOTDELAY                3       /* autoboot after 3
seconds */
#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND              "run rom_boot"
#undef  CONFIG_BOOTARGS                 /* the boot command will set
bootargs */
#define CONFIG_TIMESTAMP                /* Print image info with
timestamp */

fom the command console when i type

uboot #> if
Unknown command 'if' - try 'help'
LC69 #> run boot_mmc
Unknown command 'if' - try 'help'
Unknown command 'then' - try 'help'
## Booting image at 0300000f ...
Bad Magic Number
uboot #>

Kindly let me know what i need to enable for this to work.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gururaja