On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:25:20 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The whole code in the "cpu/ixp/npe/" is going to be replaced soon  by
> the  new driver code that has gone into mainline Linux recently. Thak
> makes me think we should not spend too much effort on this. Basicly I
> see three options:
>
> 1) Be lazy and leave as is now
> 2) Go forward and clean up all white space issues in the /npe/ code
> 3) Revert the white-space cleanup patches as far as /npe/ code is
>    affected.
>
> Short discussion on IRC showed preference for 1).
>
> If you agree, that's what we'll do.

hmm, I can see reasons to leave npe alone wrt whitespace changes.

this may not be the most efficient way of doing it (I don't see
git-revert having a --path option), but this will do #3 above:

git-format-patch --stdout --relative=cpu/ixp/npe HEAD^ | patch -d cpu/ixp/npe
-R -p 1 ; git add cpu/ixp/npe; git commit --amend

I'd add something like 'npe exempt' in the commit message.

Kim