In Message-ID:
you wrote:

> It's taking an extremely long time to do a directory listing using the
> 'ls' command with JFFS2.
> Its taking nearly a minute to scan the file system and then about 1
> second to print each line.
>
> What is could be the cause of this, and is there any way to speed this
> up currently?

I too am suffering from this very slow JFFS2 problem.
It is especially bad for NAND flash.

I modified the fs/jffs2/Makefile to use fs/jffs2/jffs2_nand_1pass.c
instead of jffs2_1pass.c, but that would not build.

I eventually fixed that by quite large changes, but it still ran
very slowly despite reading larger chunks of NAND.

Has anyone out there fixed this problem?

Regards, Mark