Dear Otavio Salvador,

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Marek Vasut <ma...@denx.de> wrote:
> > I still don't see any argument against applying this patch -- other than
> > the fact it will break some out-of-tree port.
>
> Isn't it good enough?

It is not good enough, we can not care about out-of-tree ports. If we had to
consider every single out-of-tree patchset for U-Boot, we'd be stuck in one
place.

> You know about my port; you know where it is and in fact you've been
> helping guiding me about the technical issues I have no knowledge
> about.

Yes, I did know about it. But there was no activity recently, so I started
pushing it.

> So what is the point in merge something which is know to break
> other tree?

See above for the explanation.

> I hope you and Stefano hold it. I would love if you could send it for
> merging in my tree and when it is done we merge it.

You can rebase your tree on top of mainline, no problem with that.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut