On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:22:05 -0500
Scott Wood <scottw...@freescale.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:57:43PM -0500, Kim Phillips wrote:
> > heh, I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but you're right Heiko:
> >
> > Applying: 83xx: correctly set encryption and I2C bus 0 clock
> > error: mpc83xx/cpu_init.c: does not exist in index
> > Patch failed at 0001.
> > When you have resolved this problem run "git am -i --resolved".
> > If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am -i --skip".
> > To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am -i --abort".
> >
> > even patch(1) asks which file to patch.
>
> Try "git am -p0".

right.  That yields another problem:

Applying: 83xx: correctly set encryption and I2C bus 0 clock
error: patch failed: cpu/mpc83xx/cpu_init.c:106
error: cpu/mpc83xx/cpu_init.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001.
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".

It appears Norbert cut-n-pasted the diff and thus introduced whitespace
errors.

I can obviously apply this by hand but I'd rather get Norbert up to
speed with submitting patches, esp. for the sake of future, potentially
unwieldy, contributions.

Kim