On 03/20/2013 06:33:41 PM, Michael Cashwell wrote:
On Mar 20, 2013, at 6:35 PM, Scott Wood <scottw...@freescale.com> wrote:

> Really, instead of adding one command, you want to modify *two* commands to do the same thing separately, which involves changing the syntax of both commands to accept memory range information?

What is the purpose of limiting the memory range to be flushed? Is there a reason one might want to NOT flush certain data sitting in a dirty cache line out to memory before doing a go or boot command?

Because it would take a while to flush all of RAM?

If you drive the operation as a "walk the cache" process rather than a "iterate over all SDRAM physical address space to cherry pick within a range" it wouldn't seem that slow. I mean, there's only so much cache memory.

There's no way to "walk the cache" on many chips, including ours. There are generally ways to flush the entire thing, but they are (more) hardware-specific than using the architected method of flushing a memory range, and sometimes these methods have errata associated with them.

-Scott