Am 06.04.2013 18:40, schrieb Fabio Estevam:
Hi Dirk,

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Dirk Behme <dirk.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

... but saving power over the whole (kernel) runtime. I might be wrong, but
to my understanding the kernel doesn't *disable* unneeded clocks?

So it's up to the bootloader to enable only the peripherals (clocks) really
needed for booting. And then it's up to the kernel's driver init functions
to enable the needed clocks for the subsystem once it's needed.

But as I won't use this board I won't care about the power consumption here.
If you think it's fine for the use cases of this board to enable all clocks
by default, then this shouldn't stop applying this patch.

Ok, understood. I will go through each one of the CCM registers and
check what clocks can be turned off.

This may take some time though as it needs proper testing.

I suggest that we keep the current clock settings as is, so that the
board support can reach U-boot, then later I can submit a patch for
turning off the unneeded clocks.

Sounds like a good plan :)

Thanks

Dirk

P.S.: I would think that the clock settings of the other boards should be a good starting point to minimize the work. At least if the SoloLite clocks are not completely different ;)