2009/3/27 alfred steele <alfred.jaq...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Magnus,
> How difficult or rather much an effort would it need to add NAND boot
> support and make it work on MX35 or MX31 3stack board.
> Are there any existing guidelines for accelerating the development or
> is the generic uboot porting guidelines .

For i.MX31 3stack (a.k.a. PDK) there's really not that much porting
that needs to be done. mx31 is supported in U-boot so the following is
needed:
* Update my basic i.MX31 PDK patch to apply on top of the current
U-boot git (it's been a while since I updated it)
* Add the NAND SPL patch I mentioned in my previous reply (update it
with the review comments)
* Test and submit the patches

The above could be done in a couple of days if your're familiar with
i.MX31 and U-boot. Add more time if you're a newcomer to U-boot and/or
i.MX31.

Since Freescale hasn't published much info on i.MX35 or the 3stack for
that I can only guess that it would probably be pretty straight
forward to do a NAND SPL for i.MX35 based on the one for i.MX31 (the
NAND controller and possibly the SDRAM controller on i.MX35 seems to
be different from i.MX31).

Regards, Magnus