On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56:57AM +0100, Mark Jackson wrote:

> We have a dual Ethernet board (based on the BeagelBone) but with both
> Ethernet ports connected.
>
> I'm wanting to use eth1 (rather than eth0), so in my board.c file, I changed:-
>
> static struct cpsw_slave_data cpsw_slaves[] = {
>       {
>               .slave_reg_ofs  = 0x208,
>               .sliver_reg_ofs = 0xd80,
>               .phy_id         = 0,
>       },
>       {
>               .slave_reg_ofs  = 0x308,
>               .sliver_reg_ofs = 0xdc0,
>               .phy_id         = 1,
>       },
> };
>
> ... to ...
>
> static struct cpsw_slave_data cpsw_slaves[] = {
>       {
>               .slave_reg_ofs  = 0x308,
>               .sliver_reg_ofs = 0xdc0,
>               .phy_id         = 1,
>       },
>       {
>               .slave_reg_ofs  = 0x208,
>               .sliver_reg_ofs = 0xd80,
>               .phy_id         = 0,
>       },
> };
>
> ... assuming that eth0 would now be ignored (as only 1 slave is configured).
>
> But (eg) dhcp still only responds on eth0 !?!
>
> What else do I have to change ?

Good question, do you have both ports working in Linux yet?  The EVM-SK
design supports two interfaces and I know the cpsw driver in the kernel
required some changes to support two.  I strongly suspect similar
changes would be required in the U-Boot driver (I don't have any
specific links other than look at the vendor kernel tree).

--
Tom