Hi Fabio,

On 09/13/2013 06:58 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
Hi Stefano,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM, Stefano Babic <sba...@denx.de> wrote:
I admit that using DT also for u-boot seems a better solution. You're
right about i.MX6 in kernel, but on the other hand I like how it is
described for i.MX28 boards. The display-timings node contain all
information we need. It would be nice to have the same for i.MX6.

We currently have the same in DT for mx6 as well. Check this commit,
for example:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-sabrelite.dts?id=722cfacd2e719b6447fb4bd5cd3372725876336d

Nice!

So, how should we get this done?

We have support for parsing individual lines of DT, and the primary
thing(s) needed by U-Boot's display are in the timing block of the
device tree, but I wonder whether it makes sense to implement a
full parser for that, or a simpler parser for fb_videomode.

Since both cfb_console in U-Boot and the of_get_fb_videomode()
routine in the kernel use fb_videomode, it should be straightforward
to hand the information off.

I don't think the outer information (the lvds-channel@0 and
ldb blocks in imx6q-sabrelite.dts) should be parsed by U-Boot
as device-tree code since that path leads to having a full
device-tree compiler that seems inappropriate.

Let me know your thoughts.

Eric