On 11/14/2013 04:30 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Hi Eric,
Thanks Marek,
On 11/14/2013 02:22 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Dear Eric Nelson,

> <snip>

I'm just hoping to get a trivial amount of machinery so a boot
script can figure out which of a set of DTBs to load:

        imx6q-nitrogen6x.dtb,
        imx6dl-nitrogen6x.dtb, or
        imx6s-nitrogen6x.dtb

Fabio's recent patch for SABRE SD showed the same need.

Full agreement here.

This could be even easier on i.MX6 if we had more formalized (and
lower-case) strings returned by get_imx_type(), but I wanted this
to be very small.

I'm not sure how consistent the DTB naming is for other machines
or if there's always the equivalent of get_imx_type().

In the worst-case scenario, you might end up with some mapping function full of
strcmp()s ;-)

This is much easier for us to do, since we defer much of the
scripting into a boot script.

It will be harder for Fabio to shoe-horn in until we get environment
settings in an external file...