Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the inputs.
So what you are saying that we have eliminated all cases of the
bootloader being at fault here except for the mach id mismatch.??  How
do i verify the mach id mismatch. Is it the same id i see on a
"bdinfo" dump on  uboot.   I looked at linux/include/asm/mach-types.h
in linux . Is that the correct place to look at?

>From the uboot code and the uboot config bdinfo structure,looks like machine
id is set correctly
 Bdinfo on uboot prompt gives me  "5E7" which is 1511 i.e the machine id set
in the kernel for the target -MX31 3stack board.
What else could be wrong?

How do i debug this kind of an issue on the BDI since it may fall
between the thin line of separation between MMU disabled and
reenabled.

Can i put a breakpoint on a specific_thing like start_kernel ..or do
you mean doing a backtrace from the point it hangs?  I am using PDK
which actually limits me to change boot switches for booting it from
NAND  or RAM.

Thanks.