Hi all,

I am working on trying to shrink down a bootloader for one of our chips where the bootloader must fit in around 448K of memory and things are fairly tight. I found that the oob data structures for 8, 16, 64 and 128 bytes were taking up a fair amount of space. I had to increase the eccpos size to 640 to match the Linux kernel since the existing size was too small for some of the NAND devices we are working with. This caused each oob data structure to consume around 2.5K in the binary. By initializing the layout data structures at runtime I was able to eliminate most of the space taken since now the linker can place these in BSS.

-Aaron

--
Aaron Williams
Software Engineer