Dear "Muralitharan Perumal",

In message <49f5b80b.2090...@pace.com> you wrote:

> I just wanted to do some testing on ethernet driver in Uboot. I have a

You may want to look into the Ethenret related POST code in U-Boot.

> small program that will send a binary file through ethernet. But I don't
> have any clue on how to receive those packets in U-boot. I mean what are
> the API's to be used. It will be helpful if you could tell me how to do
> that in U-boot.

Why don't you just perform a TFTP and/or NFS file transfer? You can
then check the file integrity for example using some checksumming - if
you transfer a mkimage created image, this even comes for free.

> Another thing is My target board is connected to eth1 of my host and i
> am able to ping the host from target saying it's alive. But i am not
> able to ping the target from the host. Does it mean, the target is
> restricted to send icmp responses back to host?

Please read the doc. U-Boot does not reply to OCMP packets.

> This E-mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and intended
> solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee please notify
> the sender by return and delete the message. You must not disclose, forward
> or copy this E-mail o

Please omit this crap when posting to a public mailing list.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
"I believe the use of noise to make  music  will  increase  until  we
reach  a  music  produced  through  the aid of electrical instruments
which will make available for musical purposes  any  and  all  sounds
that can be heard."                        - composer John Cage, 1937