Hi Daniel,

On 07/23/2014 02:27 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Daniel Drake <dr...@endlessm.com> wrote:
While looking at the old uboot from hardkernel, I'm curious about
CONFIG_CLK_BUS_DMC_220_440, which is set by default. This appears to
run the memory at a high speed, by writing certain registers in the
Dynamic Memory Controller (e.g. TIMINGROW), and clocking MPLL to
880MHz.

Your uboot patches don't seem to touch DMC regs like TIMINGROW, and
also clock the MPLL at 800MHz.

I used my private config from trats2 device, but there is Exynos4412 rev. 1.1 - DMC freq is 400MHz.
I need to check the 880Mhz value for the MPLL and I will give you an info.

I looked in more detail, and now understand better the SPL vs uboot division.

The vendor code I was referring to above is SPL code.

Since we are still using the same SPL as before, it means that MPLL
and memory is already set up by the time the real/new uboot loads.

So I think there should be no need to modify MPLL, and I wonder if
most of the other clock configuration code in your patches is also
unnecessary.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Daniel

The BL2 is not a part of this patches, then maybe better is to configure the clocks for proper values by u-boot, moreover when I disable the clock configuration in u-boot then it can't boot - probably because of bad uart config and maybe some more.

Thank you for testing this code, but I don't have too much time for play with this config now.

I will test the MPLL with 880MHz tomorrow and it should be good enough, but next if dev freq will be enabled in the kernel - then probably DMC dividers will change without TIMINGROW change.

Thanks,
--
Przemyslaw Marczak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland