Hi Mark

On 08/28/2014 03:40 PM, Mark Rutland wrote:
Hi Arnab,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 09:29:55PM +0100, Arnab Basu wrote:
Both ARMv7 and ARMv8 need to patch the device tree but the kind
of patching done is different. This creates a function that can be
defined by each architecture to handle the differences

I have no problem with the patch, but what is it that we need to do
differently for ARMv7 and ARMv8?

In ARMv7 there does not seem to be any code around to set "enable-method" to "spin-table". I guess it is assumed that DTs already come with this set.

For ARMv8 we would like to assume that "enable-method" is missing from the cpu node and will be set either to "spin-table" or "psci" by the boot loader.

So the difference is, for ARMv7 the "enable-method" is only modified in case of PSCI, whereas for ARMv8 it is always modified.

Thanks
Arnab

Mark.