On 06.10.2014 13:32, Baruch Siach wrote:

Could you please summarize again, what the real problem with this compare
is. What is the error exactly in your case (which flash chip is used and
which command was issued?)?

The Micron StrataFlash datasheet says this on Status Register bit 7 (Device
status):

0 = Device is busy; SR[9,8,6:1] are invalid, SR[0] is valid
1 = Device is ready; SR[9:8], SR[6:1] are valid

This is was the original code behaviour, since your commit
79b4cda076069d04122f. This commit log explicitly says:

     * Changes/fixes for drivers/cfi_flash.c:
       We *should* check if there are any error bits if the previous call
       returned ERR_OK (Otherwise we will have output an error message in
       flash_status_check() already.)  The original code would only check for
       error bits if flash_status_check() returns ERR_TIMEOUT.
       Patch by Marcus Hall, 23 Aug 2005

Currently U-Boot is just silent about NOR flash write errors.

Okay. Thanks for the summary. I'll prepare a pull request.

Thanks,
Stefan