Is there a reason you can't implement write_hwaddr() so that it will behave like other NICs (u-boot is the highest priority source of the MAC address).

The AX88179 uses an external flash to store the MAC address. So for my application I do not want the user to be able to change it, since it is a unique ID inside the server cluster. I could add it as compiler option. Maybe it is even better to implement my behavior as option, since it differs from standard. I think it will be finished mid of january, so if it is OK for you in a separate patch.

Looks good to me otherwise.

Thanks,
-Joe

Thanks,