Hi Hannes,

On 03/03/2015 12:31 PM, Hannes Petermaier wrote:

+Anatolij, Nikita

Hi,
Hi,
many thanks for response.

On 2 March 2015 at 03:12, Hannes Petermaier
<hannes.peterma...@br-automation.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

A short question about lcd-console:

Today u-boot only supports a 'linear framebuffer', meaning the next
pixel
of a character is allways right after left and the framebuffer address
is
incrementing.
We call this the display is mounted with 0° rotation.

In some cases we have a rotated display.
Maybe rotated by 90° to have portrait mode or even 180° due to
mechanical
issues.

My question is:
Is anybody currently working around this, having rotated display ?
If not so, i would like start a implementation.

180° is quite easy, we only need to add some offset (total len of
framebuffer) to our framebuffer base address and do -- instead ++ for
drawing characters. Font can be reused.

In the other cases, 90° and 270° it will maybe a bit tricky. I think a
?rotated font? is also necessary.

Of course we have to think about the other functions like scroll
up/down.

I don't know of anything, but it sounds useful.
Okay, Anatolij doesn't also know anything that there is something going
on.
I will start to form some ideas how to implement such feature.

Also I wonder if some hardware has support for this?
"Support" is the wrong word, sometimes the the lcd is mechanical built in
rotated and the logical start of the framebuffer isn't as usual at
top-left, rather it it bottom-right - means rotated by 180°.

Nikita (on CC) is tidying up this part of U-Boot so get in touch with
him.
Nikita, whats your opinion around that ?

Sounds like a useful feature. I do not anticipate much changes to lcd_console.c
in the near future (not until I try to merge video console with the lcd console
anyway), so for now you can work with it fairly uninterrupted. I only ask that
you avoid adding platform specific code to it. The only platform specific thing
in there right now is a mention of panel_info, and that should disappear soon
as well (replaced with a function call).

Nikita Kiryanov