Hi all,

Excuse my question if it was solved somewhere in forum, but I didn't found an answer yet (maybe I can't find the right keywords).

I am building the uboot with yocto for imx6 board. I have started with some freescale defaults, edited environment for my needs, saved environment etc ... Now I want to create a custom "default" boot script, that will do some "heurestics", such as "look if usb stick is present, then boot from it, else boot from emmc, etc...". Currently I am storing that script on first partition on emmc and loading it with ext2load.

But it has drawbacks:
- user should delete that file -> brick
- user should broke entire filesystem -> brick

I want this script to be "embedded" somehow with uboot image (which is placed outside partition table on device), but I didn't found any doc how to do that. Currently I use CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS for some basic stuffbut it is unmaintainable for bigger scripts.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
--
Dusan