On 10/06/2015 04:15 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 04:59:17PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
[...]
It'd be nice if "git format-patch -C" recognized this as a copy, since
that's why I created a separate patch, but it doesn't seem to:-(

Have you tried tuning the behaviour by passing the similarity index to
-C? I've had some success using that approach.

Ah, -C25 (a random number I tried that's less than the default) does seem to work much better. Unfortunately the diff isn't quite as useful as it could be since I moved the phy-related functions from the end to the start of the file to keep the DT and phy related code separate. I guess I could do that in a separate commit or drop that change.

Anyway, I'll try to remember this if I need to post a V2, but I'm not going to spam the lists just to repost it with a better diff unless someone really wants.

Thanks for the tip.