Le 09/10/2015 14:23, Przemyslaw Marczak a écrit :
Hello Guillaume,

On 10/09/2015 02:11 PM, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi Przemyslaw,

I would like to add DTB support for odroid board to be able to boot
upstream kernel easily.

I see 2 ways to do it:
* Add CONFIG_ENV_VARS_UBOOT_RUNTIME_CONFIG support to set 'board_rev'
and 'board_name' env vars. Then, you need a 'findfdt' script to check
'board_rev' and set fdtfile accordingly (as done for OMAP4 panda board)
* Set fdtfile name directly (as done for rpi or igep00x0).

What would you prefer?

Guillaume

Is, that the reason of adding the boot script by your last patches?

No, we need a boot script, because this is the way we boot our openSUSE images
(we boot with an initrd and some special bootargs).

If, yes then it's not needed. Odroid supports mainline kernel booting.

Just put kernel image and fdt file with it's proper (default) name to boot
partition and wait for autoboot command to execute. This just work with
defaults.

I cannot find where fdtfile is defined. Could you point me, please?
I only found it for XU3 version. Not for U3/X2 version.
Maybe, it is in DFU infos? If so, how to get fdtfile info, so that we can boot
from our bootscript?

Also you can use itb image, to have a single boot image.

No, we use zImage + DTB + initrd from a bootscript.

Guillaume

Best regards,