On 08.12.2015 12:13, Pavel Machek wrote:
Usage:
ubifsmount <volume-name>

     - mount 'volume-name' volume

In the mean time, I was not able to get ubifsmount works.
Appreciate
for any quick advise? Else will look into the code tomorrow as my
bed
is calling me :)

I usually write ubinized image into the "rootfs" partition (sf erase
and
then sf write) and then do 'ubi part rootfs' , which fails with error
22
unless I revert this patch. If I dump the SPI NOR area after writing
the
data, I see that the last 2 bytes of some pages are corrupted.

I am using these parameters to generate my ~11MiB large ubinized
image:
MKFS_UBIFS_OPTS="-m 1 -e 65408 -c 200"
UBINIZE_OPTS="-m 1 -p 64KiB -s 1"

Here is the content of my ubinize.cfg:
[rootfs]
mode=ubi
image=root.ubifs
vol_id=0
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=rootfs
vol_flags=autoresize

Thanks for the pointers.

I checked the source and enabled the debug message. Noticed my failure
is due to small LEB and PEB size. It was set to 4k which is the sub
-sector erase size of NOR flash. I suspect you didn't hit this as you
generate ubinized image which is 64kB erase size.

I will continue to dig more. Need to ensure it works when user create
UBI part in U-Boot on top of serial NOR flash (which is commonly 4kB
erase size). Hopefully existing U-Boot already have source taking care
this :)

I am tempted to revert this patch, since it breaks USB and UBI for me
on two different boards though.

It caused regressions it was not supposed to change. That means
revert...

Yes, please revert and hopefully someone will find the time
to find and fix the problem with this dcache at some time.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But I didn't notice any problems
with it until now.

Thanks,
Stefan