On 12/15/2015 09:32 AM, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
commit: dm: core: Enable optional use of fdt_translate_address()

enables device's bus/child address translation method, depending
on bus 'ranges' property and including child 'reg' property.
This change makes impossible to decode the 'reg' for node with
'#size-cells' equal to 0.

Such case is possible by the specification and is also used in U-Boot,
e.g. by I2C uclass or S5P GPIO - the last one is broken at present.

Can you please explain the problem you're seeing in more detail? Without any context, my initial reaction is that this is simply a bug somewhere. That bug should be fixed, rather than introducing new APIs to hide the problem.

For this purpose this patch set introduces new core function:
  fdt_addr_t dev_get_reg(struct udevice *dev)
which returns the 'reg' value in the same way as previously dev_get_addr().

This fixes s5p gpio driver and booting issue on few Exynos based boards:
- Trats2
- Odroid U3/X2

Looking at arch/arm/dts/exynos4412-trats2.dts, I see the following:

       i2c@138d0000 {
                samsung,i2c-sda-delay = <100>;
                samsung,i2c-slave-addr = <0x10>;
                samsung,i2c-max-bus-freq = <100000>;
                status = "okay";

                max77686_pmic@09 {
                        compatible = "maxim,max77686";
                        interrupts = <7 0>;
                        reg = <0x09 0 0>;

Is that the node you're having problems with? If so, I believe this may simply be due to invalid DT content. In exynos4.dtsi, that i2c node is defined as:

        i2c@138d0000 {
                #address-cells = <1>;
                #size-cells = <0>;

Thus, any reg property in a child of that node must only contain a single cell (the sum of #address-cells and #size-cells in the parent). Does fixing the DT so it's valid solve your issue at all?