On 01/17/2016 09:16 PM, Bin Meng wrote:
> Joe, York,
>
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Bin Meng <bmeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This series adds driver model ethernet support to the Freescale
>> TSEC ethernet driver and convert ls1021atwr board to use it.
>>
>> Enable the support in the ls1021atwr_nor_defconfig and
>> ls1021atwr_nor_lpuart_defconfig configurations.
>>

>> Bin Meng (17):
>>   powerpc: bsc9132qds: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET
>>   powerpc: c29xpcie: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET
>>   powerpc: mpc8572ds: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET
>>   powerpc: mpc8548cds: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET
>>   powerpc: p1010rdb: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET
>>   arm: ls1021atwr: Do not wrap pci_eth_init() with CONFIG_TSEC_ENET

I think separating TSEC from PCI eth is correct.

>>   net: tsec: fsl_mdio: Fix several cosmetic issues
>>   net: tsec: Move rx_idx and tx_idx to struct tsec_private
>>   net: tsec: Move rxbd and txbd to struct tsec_private

I don't see problem with above change. I didn't test them though.

>>   net: tsec: Adjust orders to avoid forward declaration of tsec_send()
>>   net: tsec: Use tsec_private pointer as the parameter for internal
>>     routines
>>   doc: dt-bindings: Describe Freescale TSEC ethernet controller
>>   net: tsec: Add driver model ethernet support
>>   net: tsec: Use priv->tbiaddr to initialize TBI PHY address
>>   arm: ls102xa: Rewrite the logic of ft_fixup_enet_phy_connect_type()
>>   arm: ls1021atwr: Disable CONFIG_E1000 temporarily
>>   arm: ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver

I haven't tested your patch. Just a reminder, please keep it in mind to have
"git bisect" always working, in case we need to find something later. My
previous comment on disabling E1000 for ls1021atwr still stands.

York