Dear Denis,

In message <bfee4bd273371e48b6eb70f96cec5b54f2f...@demumbx007.nsn-intra.net>
you wrote:

> That's why we want to mount a jffs2 partition on flash at U-boot stage.
> Unfortunately we've faced some problems and we need help from your side.
> We have Altera SOCFPGA Arria V Board. We use U-boot from SOC Embedded Design
> Suite.  We have NOR flash with SPI interface (S25FL512S).

1) Is there any specific reason for using JFFS2?  We consider this
   pretty much deprecated today and usually tend to prefer UBI/UBIFS.

2) Especially with SoCFPGA it is highly recommended to use current
   mainline code.

> I prepared Jffs2 partition from Linux env using flash_eraseall -j
> command. It is perfectly mountable from Linux env, I can put files on
> it etc.
>
> 1.      Currently we are using U-boot 2013:
> U-Boot 2013.01.01 (Jan 26 2016 - 11:50:12)

As mentioned, it is highly recommended to use current mainline
instead.

> # ls
>
> --- jffs2_part_info: partition number 3 for device nor0 (snor0)
> rescan: First time in use
> raise: Signal # 8 caught
> Scanning JFFS2 FS:  done.
>
> ******The directory Entries******
>
> ******The fragment Entries******
>
> As you can see ls command fails.

OK - I understand this is with the OLD version of U-Boot, right?

You wrote:

> We are ok to upgrade our U-boot to a fresh one, however we faced
> other problems with it.

What exactly are these "other problems" ?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get  us  in  trouble.
It's  the  things  we know that ain't so." - Artemus Ward aka Charles
Farrar Brown