On 02/05/2016 09:19 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 02/05/2016 02:43 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
For Raspberry Pi, we had the input clock rate to the pl011 fixed in
the rpi.c file, but it may be changed by firmware due to user changes
to config.txt.  Since the firmware always sets up the uart (default
115200 output unless the user changes it), we can just skip our own
uart init to simplify the boot process and more reliably get serial
output.

Tested-by: Stephen Warren <swar...@wwwdotorg.org>
(With a 6MHz init_uart_clock and with/without init_uart_baud=9600)

Simon/Tom, did this slip through the cracks, or are you deferring it until the next release?