On 05/17/2016 11:03 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
On 17.5.2016 19:00, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 05/17/2016 10:56 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On 17.5.2016 18:50, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 05/17/2016 07:57 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
If timeout happen it should be reported as fault.

Presumably if a timeout occurs, the expected text does not appear, i.e.
the existing assert fails anyway?

Anyway, it's useful to point out problems explicitly, so,
Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swar...@nvidia.com>

Unfortunately I found this issue when I was checking logs where I am
getting this.

ethernet@e000b000 Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete.........
TIMEOUT !
BOOTP broadcast 1
BOOTP broadcast 2
BOOTP broadcast 3
DHCP client bound to address 192.168.0.107 (882 ms)
Zynq> .Zynq> setenv serverip 192.168.0.105

I haven't looked at the exact reason why it is failing but IMHO it is
worth to check.

Oh, in that case I think I should withdraw my ack; in the log above, the
operation completed successfully, so I'm not convinced the test should
be marked a failure. I thought this change simply provided more detail
re: the cause of a test failure.

Is there any other way how to run just phy negotiation and mark this
test as fail?

I don't see anything obvious that will do that; I think that only happens when net_loop starts. It might be possible to add some new command to test just PHY startup, or a new mode for net_loop() that just waited for link up and did no protocol work.